The Home & Auto Insurance Program is underwritten* by Northbridge General Insurance Corporation, Traders General Insurance Company or Zenith Insurance Company, depending on your province of residence. †Premiums will vary for specific drivers depending upon individual factors. Certain products may not be available in all jurisdictions. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply, see policy or speak with our licensed specialists for details. ®Trademark of Zenith Insurance Company. All products offered by Vertis Insurance Solutions Ltd.
OUR INSURANCE PRODUCTS
Home & auto
The right protection for the right price; get more without having to pay more. A program that offers multiple coverage options and value-added benefits, with better rates and discounts that reward the responsible home ownership and good driving habits of Canadians 55-plus.
HOME & AUTO INSURANCE
Features, benefits & coverage
To help you find the proper protection for your needs and budget, we have partnered with providers to offer you a variety of value-added benefits and optional coverages.
Home insurance features & benefits
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost: If your home is destroyed, the costs will be covered to rebuild it with materials of similar kind and quality, even if your policy coverage is less. You must insure your home to 100% of estimated replacement cost to qualify for this coverage.
- Disappearing Deductible: Many policies require you to pay a deductible amount before insurance coverage kicks in. With this coverage, if you have a loss over a specified amount, you won’t have to pay the deductible.
- Student Away: If you have a student in the family away at school, your contents insurance extends to their belongings at school.
- Special Limits: “Special limits” of insurance on items such as business records at your home, computer software, jewelry, securities, etc.
- Identity Theft Recovery Expenses: Provides coverage for the reimbursement of certain expenses incurred in identity recovery, including:
- The costs of dealing with law enforcement agencies, financial institutions or similar credit grantors, and credit agencies, and lost earnings resulting from time off work for meetings;
- Application fees to re-apply for loans due to the lender receiving incorrect credit information;
- Lawyer fees incurred as a result of identity theft.
Home insurance optional coverages
- Cottages / Ski Chalets / Seasonal Dwellings: If you have a seasonal dwelling that you and your family enjoy, you should protect it with seasonal property coverage. You can choose either a broad form coverage, which offers protection only for specified events such as theft or storm damage, or comprehensive coverage for all risks except for those specifically excluded in the policy wording. A licensed insurance specialist can work with you in determining the level of coverage you need to make sure that your vacation home is protected.
- Watercraft: Whether you own a jet ski, motorboat, or sailboat, adding coverage for your watercraft is easy. All you have to do is add it to your existing property policy (homeowner, condominium, or tenant policy). With watercraft coverage you’re protected for damage due to accidents, storms, theft, or vandalism.
- Vacation Trailers: To protect your vacation trailer when it’s detached from your vehicle you can add optional coverage to your property policy to cover your trailer and its contents.
- Personal Umbrella Liability: The more things you own, the more exposure you have for claims against you for injury to others and damage to their property. Personal Umbrella Liability provides added liability coverage above the limits of your home insurance policy, to help cover the cost associated with a liability claim, whether you’re at home or out of the country.
Auto insurance optional coverages
- Recreational Vehicles: Coverage for all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, motorhomes, and motorcycles.
- Emergency Roadside Assistance: Provides reimbursement for towing or other emergency road services (limits apply).
- Waiver of Depreciation: If you buy a new car with no previous owner, you can help protect your purchase for its full value instead of a depreciated amount.
- Minor Conviction Forgiveness: Available for conviction-free drivers who have been licensed for at least three years. If, after purchasing this optional coverage, you receive a minor driving conviction, we’ll forgive it and treat it as if it doesn’t exist.
- Accident Forgiveness: Can help protect you from a premium increase in the event of an at-fault accident.
HOME & AUTO INSURANCE
Get the right coverage for the best price
Whether you’d like a quotation or more information, call today. Licensed insurance specialists are ready to answer your questions, explain your options, help select the right coverage for your needs and ensure you receive all discounts to which you are entitled: 1.888.432.3284.